Natural Shoulder Pain Relief in Everett, WA
Here at Cornerstone Chiropractic, Dr. Lichfield and the team provide all-natural pain relief for injuries and chronic pain, including shoulder pain. Explore common causes and symptoms of shoulder pain today, then learn how our chiropractor in Everett can help.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
While there are many causes of shoulder pain, common culprits include:
- Dislocated shoulder - Since the shoulder is the most mobile joint, it's fairly capable of dislocation. In a dislocated shoulder, the top of your arm bone pops out of the socket in your shoulder blade. If you dislocate your shoulder once, the joint can be prone to slipping.
- Shoulder Bursae - Bursitis occurs when the bursae, which are fluid-filled sacs that buffer joints from rubbing against one another, become inflamed.
- Rotator Cuff Injury - A type of overuse injury, this affects the shoulder rotation. Typically, patients feel a dull ache that increases when they put pressure on the shoulder, say by sleeping on that side.
- Muscle Strains & Sprains - Pulling a shoulder, straining a muscle, or tearing a ligament in your shoulder cause pain and inflammation, which can compress nearby nerves.
- Tendinitis - Whenever the tendons in your body grow inflamed, tendinitis occurs. This condition is highly common in the shoulder joint. Athletes are particularly prone to tendinitis in the shoulder.
- Frozen Shoulder - In this condition, stiffness and pain reduce your ability to raise your shoulder. Typically, frozen shoulder onsets gradually that reverses itself slowly over time.
Shoulder Pain Treatment From Our Chiropractor in Everett
Our chiropractor in Everett first performs a thorough examination to determine what's wrong with your shoulder. It's critical that we determine what's causing your shoulder pain to provide effective shoulder pain treatment.
We take a whole person approach to patient care. We begin with chiropractic adjustments that relieve inflammation and pain. You'll start to feel better right away, as pressure releases from the nervous system. We'll then stabilize the shoulder joint or bring a misaligned joint back into alignment.
Our adjustments are gentle and precise, designed to correct nerve impingement, joint misalignments, and subluxations of the spine. While it takes a series of adjustments to treat causes of shoulder pain, your symptoms will subside from day one.
Once we've addressed your biomechanics, we'll move toward the rehabilitation of the shoulder joint. We'll discuss lifestyle adjustments that keep you in best health as well as nutrition supplements to boost your recovery.
Our chiropractor in Everett will also demonstrate shoulder strengthening exercises and stretches. By performing these stretches in between appointments, you can speed up your recovery, restore your range of motion, and increase the shoulder joint's flexibility and mobility.
Get Shoulder Pain Treatment
Our chiropractor in Everett is accepting new patients today. If you'd like to learn more about chiropractic care or schedule an appointment for shoulder pain treatment, please call us today at 425-379-6301. For a limited time only, new patients can enjoy a complimentary consultation with Dr. Lichfield.
Common Questions about Shoulder Pain Relief
Your shoulder is one of the most complex joints in your body, and that’s what gives it its impressive functionality and range of motion. That complex structure, however, also makes your shoulder susceptible to a number of injuries, all of which can have a significant impact on your ability to complete everyday tasks. Fortunately, our chiropractor can treat shoulder pain resulting from a wide range of injuries and conditions so that you can get back to your regular routine as quickly as possible.
What Is Causing My Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain is often the result of an injury to one of the major structures within the joint. This includes the rotator cuff, which is a collection of muscles and tendons that surround the joint, providing structure and stability. Another cause of shoulder pain may be an actual dislocation or misalignment of the bones that form the joint, and that can cause damage to the surrounding soft tissues that produce symptoms even after the joint has been restored to its proper position.
Shoulder tendinitis is also a common cause of shoulder pain we see in our patients, as are things like shoulder bursae, frozen shoulder syndrome, sprains and strains. All of these conditions, as well as chronic shoulder pain related to old injuries and referred pain from spinal misalignments, are treatable through the chiropractic care we provide to all of our patients in the Everett area.
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Shoulder Pain?
We begin all of our shoulder pain treatments by performing a physical evaluation to determine the precise nature of your condition. We’ll also discuss the specifics of your condition with you, and all of the information we gather will help our chiropractor come up with the proper treatment plan for you.
This may include gentle chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy or other soft tissue treatments, and therapeutic exercises and stretches, some of which you can do on your own at home. We’ll also discuss with you when and how often you should return for additional in-office treatments.
What Are the Benefits of Chiropractic Shoulder Pain Treatment?
The chiropractic approach to shoulder pain treatment is non-invasive and it does not involve a long period of recovery. Instead, we focus on restoring as much function as possible as quickly as possible, and we relieve your pain without the use of prescription painkillers.
Contact Our Local Chiropractor For More Information
To learn more about the shoulder pain treatment we provide, call our Everett office today at 425-379-6301.