If you have pain in your lower back due to sciatica, the discomfort can prevent you from accomplishing even the simplest tasks and affect your quality of life. At Cornerstone Chiropractic in Everett, WA, we offer various treatments to alleviate your pain and improve your health. Before scheduling your appointment, learn more about the symptoms of sciatica below:
What Is Sciatica?
Sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve becomes compressed or damaged. This nerve is the longest in the body, which runs from the lower back to the feet. Typically, it can become compressed or inflamed due to spinal misalignment or a herniated disc.
What Are the Symptoms?
When the sciatic nerve is impacted, it causes several symptoms. Some of these symptoms include:
- Back Pain: Sciatica can often cause back pain that can become chronic.
- Numbness and Tingling: Sometimes, you may experience numbness and tingling in your back, however, it can also occur in the legs and feet.
- Muscle Weakness: When the sciatic nerve isn’t functioning properly, it can cause weakness in your leg muscles and back muscles.
- Difficulty Walking or Bending: Due to the pain, numbness, and weakness, it may be difficult to walk or bend down.
- Burning Sensation: This too can occur in the back but can also travel down to the feet.
Symptoms of sciatica can vary among individuals. For example, back pain might be chronic but can also only occur during or after certain movements. Along with that, changing positions might reduce or worsen symptoms. You can typically determine if you have sciatica, as these symptoms will only occur on one side of the body.
Chiropractic Care for Sciatica
Chiropractic care can be highly effective for sciatica. Our chiropractor will perform an adjustment to restore alignment, which can relieve pressure from the discs and nerves. Along with that, we may use spinal decompression therapy to stretch the spine and reduce discomfort. Therapeutic exercises and massage therapy are also beneficial, as they help relieve tension, improve blood flow, and improve range of motion. Once we learn more about your condition, we can develop a personalized treatment plan for your specific needs.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If pain from sciatica is affecting your daily life, let our team at Cornerstone Chiropractic in Everett, WA, help. To learn more about our treatments or to schedule your first appointment, call us at (425) 379-6301 today. When you’re looking for a chiropractor near me, we look forward to assisting you!