Lower Back Pain Treatment
At Cornerstone Chiropractic, our chiropractor in Everett WA offers free initial consultations to first-time patients. Many of our patients come to us with lower back pain, a health condition with a lifetime prevalence of up to 80%! If you're experiencing an acute or chronic episode of lower back pain of your own, we encourage you to call us and see what Dr. Lichfield can do for you.
Causes and Risk Factors of Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain is a leading cause of disabling pain. Here are a few of the most common underlying diagnoses:
- Muscle spasms
- Disc herniation, bulge, or degeneration
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Vertebral subluxations/misalignments, e.g., facet joint locking
These conditions can be brought on by a variety of risk factors, including advancing age (common), genetics, occupation, repetitive lifting/bending/twisting, obesity, sedentary lifestyle, or acute trauma, such as falls, sports injury, work injury, or auto accident injury.
Symptoms Associated With Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain can fluctuate throughout the day. It's often worse early in the morning or after sitting or standing for a long time. Pain can be dull, throbbing, achy, or some cases sharp. It's often associated with other symptoms, especially in the leg. This can happen if a nerve in the lumbar spine becomes compressed by an injured disc or joint.
How Our Everett Chiropractor Manages Lower Back Pain
Conventional approaches to lower back pain, including medications and surgery, come with many unpleasant effects and are often ineffective. This is partly because these methods tend to focus on resolving symptoms alone, rather than identifying and addressing underlying causes. At Cornerstone, our Everett chiropractor does both.
- We use diagnostic procedures, including physical tests, personal/family history, and imaging studies, to help identify the root causes and contributing factors
- We offer in-office non-invasive treatments including adjustment, massage therapy, and custom orthotics fitting, to realign your spine from top to bottom, relieve pain and inflammation, trigger tissue healing, and improve circulation
- We give you helpful homework! Education about nutrition, ergonomics, lifestyle, posture, and exercises empowers you to make better choices outside the clinic which help facilitate effective and long-lasting symptom relief
Is Lower Back Pain Causing Daily Struggles?
Call Cornerstone Chiropractic today at (425) 379-6301 to schedule a FREE first-time consultation. Let us help you make your lower back pain a thing of the past and help you see a healthier and more active future